LOW ROTATING TORQUE ON EARLY MODELS.
If you notice that only slight drag on the platter causes the speed to
go out of lock here is the solution.
- Remove the platter.
- Remove the plastic motor cover.
- Locate R209 in the right front corner of the motor PC board.
- This should be 330K or Orange, Orange, Yellow.
- In older models, this resistor has been found to be 680K. Blue, Gray,
- Replace the 680K with 330K and your torque will improve.
Naturaly, you should have service or kit building skills before tackling
a job like this.
Return To Service Tips Page