INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR SX-1200
SL-1200 Strobe Lamp Disabling Circuit.
1. Unplug AC power. Remove dust cover, platter mat and turntable platter.
2. Remove 5 screws retaining the plastic cover.
3. Refer to the figure below and locate and remove the left side mounting screw.
Note there are 2 types of grounding lug. Shown is the PC style, there may be a stand-alone lug with a short black wire attached. If you have the PC lug, gently pry it upwards about 1/16.
4. Attach the SX1200 Circuit Board. You will reuse the original mounting screw.
A. Slip the SX-1200 under the raised ground lug.
B. Put the screw through the SX-1200 ground lug, then through the original SL-1200 ground lug, through the SX1200 board and into the original chassis hole.
C. Tighten the screw and be sure the ground lugs do not short out against any other wires etc.
Note: The important thing is that the 2 ground lugs be on top of the SX-1200 circuit board.
5.Connecting the wires.
A. Locate the Orange wire (#5). Cut it at about 2 inches from the connector and strip both ends.
Make the connections per the drawing below using the wire nuts provided.
B. Locate the Brown wire (#7). Cut it at about 2 inches from the connector and strip both ends.
Twist the end coming from the connector to the Brown wire of the SX-1200 using a wire nut.
Twist the end going to the lamp to the Red wire of the SX-1200 using a wire nut.
Check Your Connections
6. Temporarily replace the plastic cover and the turntable platter.
7. Plug the SL-1200 in and turn on the power. The strobe lamp should illuminate.
8. Touch and hold the start-stop button down for 7 seconds. The Lamp should go out.
Touch and hold the start-stop button again for 7 seconds. The Lamp should go on.
9. If everything tests OK, reassemble the turntable. The installation is complete.
KAB ELECTRO ACOUSTICS
PLAINFIELD, NJ 07062, USA
EMAIL TO INF0@KABUSA.COM